This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

A Curly Girl's Trials & Tribulations...Why My Journey Started

There has been many important things that I have learned about my hair since starting the voyage to what I believe is truly normal and natural hair, and the most important is that no one can tell you what you need to do.

Apparently I have hair that is a result of a culmination of ethnicities ranging on the scale of the deepest richest charcoal black to the most fair porcelain white. At some points I have resented this because I never felt like I had hair like all the other Black girls.

Like I can't sweep it in a cute ponytail and have my edges stay flat, or get my kitchen to lay flat with some gel for my updos.

What I do realize is that even though I've wanted all these things for so long, there was no reason I should have them. It was never natural for my hair to do that. And who wants to start a fight with mother nature?

Well after years of perms just to go natural and have noone to show me how to take care of it, to go back to perms, and then realize that I wanna be free, I finally woke up and realized that I just want my hair to be the way nature intended it, wild and crazy and free.

Now don't get me wrong, I've looked at pictures and thought about doing something else. Being who I was before I started this process. I mean I tried it, and its not for me really, anymore.

I've realized through all this that I've been happier with my hair then I've ever been.

Like my hair has caused my moods to shift and change and I'm just over it. I can finally be myself, and I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment