This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

Mortician's & their Legacy: The Old Family Business

Since I was born, I have been familiar with death. My grandfather and father were morticians, and my father made me promise I'd never carry on the family business. He said I "wasn't built for it"...I could definitely agree with that...

There's always been something about death that has seemed so infinitely final to me.
Like the circle of life couldn't possibly have a dead end.
And why since the ripe age of 8 have I always seen that black hooded figure we call death,
As the largest incomprehensible stop sign I've ever seen?

I want to understand it, master it, educate myself on it,
But who could possibly know anything first hand?

It scares me.

But how can I be scared of something that has never affected the living?

The people that are living this moment are not consumed by death.
Those who are dying can't tell me about death.
Because death is the act of nothing;
It's the end.

It's incurable circumstance of having been alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment