This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

Eyebrow Threading

One of my very best friends (who is pretty upset with me right now :( ), said that the reason people don't know as much as they did back in the day is because people don't spend as much time passing on their experiences and trades like they used to.

I'd have to agree for the simple fact that from my personal experience (which means results may vary), I felt that I was often presented with information, but never told how to use it. Trial and error is fun (not really), but some help along the way is always awesome.

This is why I'm always sharing all the wealths of information I've been blessed with so someone can learn and have the resources that I didn't have growing up to make better decisions than I did!

Anyways...this is about threading, right? Lol.


I got my eyebrows threaded for the second time last Friday. The picture above was taken today, so that means the process is a week old. I think they still look pretty lovely, right?


Well, let me just say that it was completely painless first of all. It tickled a little, and at the most pinched, but nothing in comparison to waxing.

The lady who did my brows was really sweet and told me all about threading.

Here's a little background:

Back in Pakistan there are beauty schools where the women learn all about cosmetology, including threading. Many women learn from their mother's as well. It was cute because when I asked her if it was hard to learn she said,"nothing is hard" and, "if you want to do it, you can do it". She gets an A+ for giving me some motivation that day.


Oh and btw, she said women are doing this more so than men because it is customary that women do most of the work in Pakistan, and the men are not responsible for doing it. That's what I got from it anyways. I cracked a joke and said that men wish it was the same way here, lol (definitely not happening here, fellas). Anyways, I'm making this sound like a 3 hour process but it definitely took like 5 minutes. She rubbed some oil on my brows and I was on my way!


I had no irritation like I get from wax, no redness, and none of those little itchy bumps either.


I was extremely pleased to say the least!

The process lasts about 3-4 weeks, but I think it was lovely and will be integrating it into my regular beauty regimen once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment