This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

The Most Rigorous Inteviewing Process I've Ever Experienced...


Ok. Although I've worked at my current job for 5 years, I have had my fair share of other work experience in which I had to have an interview with my intended employers.
Interviews are inevitable. But, what I find that really helps is to just be myself. Most of the time my humor is charming, and they appreciate the accompaning professionalism that goes with my humor, because my interviewer still knows that I am serious and I am taking them seriously.

I am not the sweaty palm girl, but boy was I today.

I had a five hour interview (yes, they have those!). It was tough, but I got through it. (If I get it, I'll say what it was for).

There was a sample lesson, writing exercise, discussion, group interview, and one-on-one interview. I was mildly ill-prepared (but conquered that like a champ), and I was more nervous than I had ever been in my life.

I felt special because out of 1600 applicants, I was chosen for an interview, but half of those 1600 were selected. With only 100 spots in this program for 800 applicants, I was definitely biting my fingernails.

I think this may have been the sweatiest day of my life...

After that I was starved and drained but I must say that I remain positive and am praying for the best.

I know it was only God that got me this far anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment