This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

A Curly Girl's: Thoughts on Picking Products & 2-Year Nappiversary!

Well I didn't even have the chance to realize it, but I have been natural for 2 years! (Claps hands) I first decided to stop relaxing on August 1, 2008, and haven't looked back since. This has been quite a journey of triumphs and tribulations, but I am so extremely happy I decided to take it. I think my natural hair has helped me evolve. I know a lot of people don't think its that deep, but I don't care, because it was for me. My hair was really important to me because I was so self-conscious. I love myself in a new way now because my hair is a different part of me, it functions as an extension of my soul.

As I always say: I'm loving life now in a new way.

Now, for my thoughts on products. Natural hair is so awesome because everyone's is different. Its as different as each person's DNA. I say this because sometimes its a gift and sometimes its a little difficult. Everyone's hair is different, so it responds to different things. Often my friends ask me what products I use in my hair. I answer, but with some apprehension. I understand they want to know how I acheive various styles, and the methods are awesome to know, but the products may not really be of any service to them. I try to give my reccomendations, but sadly, I can't promise anything.

In case anyone was wondering...

My favorite conditioner right now is Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine (I just bought Tresemme because I used to use it all the time, but I don't love it as much as I used to, and I'm wishing I bought another bottle of Garnier because it provides awesome slip and really helps define some of the tighter coils on my head), and I usually co-wash with conditioner or use apple cider vinegar, which is my all time favorite way to cleanse my scalp (see "A Curly Girl's: Thoughts on Shampooing and Washing"). I shampoo on occasion when the "cones" seem to build up, which is usually anywhere from once a month, to every month and a half. I use the shampoo directly on my scalp, and try my best not to get too much on my hair because I haven't bought any sulfate-free shampoo yet, so its pretty drying. Great for cleansing my scalp, but for curly hair, not so much.

I tend to wear my hair in curly fros, twists and twist-outs, or use the doodle method (which I love!).

I've discovered a couple new ways I like wearing my hair like half-up and half-down (which I've only actually done like twice...I like it), side buns (which is a cute, fast way to do my hair), and the option of using banana clips to hold up my ponytails (which I have yet to try).

Yay! For forward progress...and the happy trails I've experienced on my journeys to Enlightenment and even more beautiful natural hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment