This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

What I'm Thankful For...


It was a long day, a very long day, and I was in charge of the stuffing at my mom's, and a plethora of other things for my 8 hour shift at work on Thanksgiving.  I had worked 3 12-hour shifts in a row Mon-Wed, was on 5 hours of sleep each night, and was almost 3 steps past delirious. The last thing I wanted to do was cook.

After being relieved that he went and grabbed ALL my groceries for me, I still whined about how tired I was, and how I couldn't possibly stand to cook after the long day I had. I was told to sit down, but realized that would turn into lay down, and I couldn't possibly do that, or nobody was gettin' anything.

I proceeded to cook my stuffing, similar to how I cooked it a few weeks ago, throwing the turkey sausage and pre-cut (pre-prepped) veggies in the pan, with butter and olive oil, and apples and cranberries and seasoning. I let that simmer and cooked up my cranberry sauce to take to mom's and work, gently modifying the recipe ever so slightly that I use from year to year.

After getting pissed from him telling me I needed more sugar, I did as he said and all was right in the world.

That's when I needed a hug.

My favorite hugs are the ones that come from behind.

Melting into the warm flesh of the one you love is so immensely satisfying, while they rest their head in the crook of your neck and gently breathe, reminding you how thankful you are for them being alive each day.

And as I gently rocked in his arms, stirring a large, large pot of delicious cranberry sauce, I began to hum... (my cherie amour, sweeter than a summer's day...), and he sang (my cherie amour, sweeter than the milky way)...and we sang and hummed (my cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore, you're the only one my heart beats for...).  And we sang and rocked for the duration of the whole song, and I was forever in love.

I am thankful for family, friends, mentors, love, happiness, companionship, motivation, inspiration, prosperity, blessings, and everything else the good Lord has given me.  Remember all the little things that living this life can bring, and remember to be thankful for even the smallest moments in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment