This is compilation of my deeepest thoughts, my shallowest thoughts, my life, and my enlightenment.

Life In General...

There are a lot of things I want by the time I'm 25: a career path, a family, and maybe a few other things I can't think of right now. But, the most important thing I want is a purpose. I mean I'm sure I have one, but I haven't a clue what it is. I'm good at a ton of things but can't find how to make use of them yet.

I am an entrepeneur. I'm an artist. I sell crochet with my best friend; a hobby I greatly enjoy. The only thing is, that those titles never seem to fit because I don't feel like I matter enough. We're making big moves, but not big enough yet. Soon we will be consigning items to a friend of mine's boutique (I'll write a separate blog for that...for info on our crafts see: Made With Love.

I'm a teacher. I've been tutoring for 2 years, and just started privately tutoring my friend's daughter. She has 6 kids (I'm mildly envious...although not of all of it, because that's rough). Its almost like its not another job because of how much I enjoy being around her family. I'd love to call myself a teacher too but I can't teach everyone, because I don't have a license. I'd love to teach in a school. That would be awesome. I attempted to find a position in a teaching program and haven't had any luck yet...the search continues.

I'm a cook. Not a chef, a cook. I'm not classically trained unless you consider absorbing the heart and soul of your grandmother's cooking, training. She taught me many things, but the best thing she taught me when it comes to food is how to cook her potato salad, and how to spice her fried chicken. I miss that woman. Fried chicken with rice and gravy in a half hour, and some of the juiciest, delicious, well-spiced chicken you ever had. She actually owned a restaurant. I want to do that. I aspire to do that. I've been cooking for 12 years, and I know I could do it; to save money to start my own business. It will happen. The plans are in the workings.

I'm a poet. I use that word loosely, but thoughtfully, because any writer can master their own form of creative expression. I love to write how I feel, and what I think. (Hence this blog). I've been published and I've been featured in newspapers (as a child). But this is one title I think I've earned through 13 years of writing poems, from the first poem I've ever written, that my father thought was so good, he didn't believe I wrote it. In honor of my grandmother (who was amazing, as you can tell), I plan on compiling our poetry into a book. I've slowly started working on it, I just need to get all the stuff my grandmother has written. Its in my blood because she's a published author (Two Cribs in the Corner" by Helen Hicks- that's her!).

I'm creative. I write, sew (a little), crochet, cook, draw (I sketch), and probably a couple other things. I love to express myself creatively. I'm well-organized, and can effectively execute projects, and create tables, charts, and graphs to express what I think. I'm an executioner, I murder tasks (don't steal it, that's my catch phrase). I know what I'm doing when its time to put things in order.

Too bad its so hard to figure out what I want to do the rest of my life.

The real problem is I want to do everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment